Today’s the day you’re going to take the leap!
You sign up with a PT, a coach, fat loss program…
Then you find yourself back-pedaling…
“What the heck have I done?”
You feel panic-stricken!
You spend your time trying to figure out excuses why you can’t do this.
You tell yourself:
“I don’t have time to ramp up my results”
“Do I really need to do this, do I really want to be the Ultimate Version of myself?”
“I probably won’t get kick ass results anyway”
“I can’t maintain the results”
“I don’t like putting in extra effort, I don’t mind exercising and eating healthy, but what if taking it to that next level is too hard?”
Before you know it, you’re writing an email…and you post it off to your trainer…
You quit, before you even start.
You keep in it in your draft folder for a bit, just in case you fail.
After sleeping on it you know you really would like to change, so you decide to commit.
But because you’re still doubting yourself, you don’t give it your whole hearted effort.
Those excuses still come up.
Along with a few more.
It’s time to catch up with your trainer, your follow up session, or maybe it’s a group catching up with a club you’ve joined…
The thought of facing your trainer or your fellow fat loss buddies, freaks you out.
You make yourself sick in the stomach over it.
You’re riddled with guilt because you haven’t put in the effort you hoped you would.
You get scared to speak to your trainer, even though your trainer continually reaches out to you to help. But because you’re riddled with fear, you choose not to take the help.
You ignore phone calls and messages from your trainer.
You convince yourself your trainer will think you’re a joke.
You convince yourself that your trainer will think you’re a loser.
You convince yourself that your trainer will be angry with you.
You convince yourself that your fat loss buddies will look down at you because you feel you’re letting them down too.
You’ve talked yourself into failing completely; you’ve lost faith in yourself…
You’ve created a FALSE belief system that won’t allow you to move forward.
So you’re stuck…
And missed out on an amazing opportunity to do something totally awesome for yourself…
You’ve thrown away that chance to have someone help you, who really cares about working with you closely and helping you get those fat loss results…
You’ve shut them out… and shut yourself off from experiencing what you truly wanted.
So how do you change that?
How do you break that cycle?
1. Realise that making any changes in your life is going to create some kind of challenge for you. You’re going to get emotional. It’s also going to create mood swings, a rollercoaster of them. There’s going to be high and lows.
2. When you do both external and internal work… it will bring up stuff for you. Big fears and small fears.
3. Understand that many of the fears you have, you’ve created them. More than likely people aren’t saying all the horrible things you think they are. You’re assuming it, because you think it. It doesn’t mean they are.
4. Write a list of all the reasons – painful, happy, inspiring – of why you’re choosing to take action and want that dream body, those fat loss results. Figure out your “big why”, so you can be clear on why you want to make these awesome changes in your life.
5. Take action and keep it simple. Give yourself short timelines to get your workouts done, to get your food prep done, to do your mindset homework. Keep what you’re doing simple. If you’re not sure how to do that, ask your trainer, that’s what they’re there for.
6. Ask for help. You can’t expect to make big changes, if you’re not prepared to ask for help. And don’t feel like the things you want help with are stupid, because they’re not.
What you might think is stupid is the big thing that’s holding you back. Time to let it go and get your trainer to help you and move forward.
Sometimes it’s as simple as you not liking an exercise, or just not understanding something and you’ve created “drama” around it because of fear.
7. You are unique. What you find easy, someone else may not. What they find easy, you may not. Don’t presume that your situation can’t be figured out. It can. You just need to allow it to be.
8. Tell yourself it’s ok to feel fear, but it doesn’t have to control you or cause you to quit. Your fear is temporary and you will work through it. Pull out your Big Why list and read through it.
9. Allow yourself to have faith in yourself and your trainer. You hired your coach or trainer for a reason. To make changes. You can resist it as much as you like, but if you want to create an awesome life, a body that you truly love… Change is inevitable.
It’s time to stop fighting change.
It’s time to stop holding yourself back.
Let yourself believe in yourself.
Let your trainer help you stay strong.
Let your trainer be the trainer that you want them to be and what they want to be for you.
I care deeply about my clients. I know what they go through.
Because I’ve been there myself, afraid, when it comes to struggles like this… Everyone has. It’s not unusual to create and experience fear around fat loss.
It’s more common than you think.
You’ll be surprised how many people that have that hot body that you’d love to have, that go through the same fears.
The difference is, they’re prepared to move forward.
And it’s time for you to care about yourself enough, to love yourself enough to let yourself move forward and take those steps you need to take.
… And you’ll surprise yourself, just what you can achieve.
If you’re ready to make those changes…
You don’t want to spend another day back-pedalling.
And know it’s time to move forward…Having your own trainer working with you, guiding you, step by step, through those obstacles.
Then head to the Ultimate YOU Dream Body Program.