Do you find yourself dreaming about your cheat day? When it arrives do you go all out and binge eat?
Do the side effects of cheat day remain with you for days afterwards because you went overboard?
Do you end up putting on kilos and find that your midsection looks like you haven’t been training or eating clean in years because it’s so bloated?
You’re wondering to yourself… “why the heck did I do that for?”… You feel like you’re taking two steps forward and one and a half steps back. Right?
Well today I’ve got some tips for you, that I personally use, to help curb piling on the cheat day kilos.
1. Always train on cheat day! Think about it, on the day where you’re going to be consuming extra calories, and junky calories for that matter, it doesn’t make sense to choose to not train.
2. Train for goodness sake and help burn the calories off. Use interval training or raise the intensity of your training in general that day. It’s not a day for “lazy day” training.
3. We hear the term “Cheat Day” all the time, but that’s really only the day that you’re having your “cheat meal ” on. This does not mean that you spend the whole day eating crap. In other words only have 1 x cheat meal on cheat day.
4. Don’t be a “her / his eyes are too big for their belly” case… Look, just because there’s too much to choose from doesn’t mean you have to eat everything in front of you. Have smaller portions and savour the flavour, enjoy it. Eating until you feel sick (your stomach feels like it’s going to burst) and then continuing to eat for the sake of eating… just because you feel deprived of something, is a huge mistake that so many people make.
5. 20 mins before you have your cheat meal have a protein shake, a low GI carb and some healthy fats. For example: I’ll have an vanilla organic pea protein shake, with chopped apple and some organic almond butter (on the chopped apple). By the time this kicks in, you don’t feel the “need” to eat as much of the “cheat food”.
In fact, it helps make you feel like you have more control of what you’re doing. Because you feel good about the fact that you’re having something healthy, and that you’re taking precautions so that you can enjoy your cheat meal without making it look like an “all-you-can-eat freak-out session”.
6. BONUS TIP: Get up the next day and train before you have breakfast. Still take your L-Carnitine and BCAA’s etc before hand, but get in there and do a kick ass cardio session. And make sure your post training meal is super clean and healthy! This will help you feel like you’ve got the day off to a great start, and you’ll feel more invigorated, inspired and less likely to go running back for more cheat food.
I hope you enjoy today’s lesson … PLEASE leave your feedback BY CLICKING ON THE COMMENTS box below!
And if you like this article, then please share it with your friends on Facebook or via your fav social media site.
Hugs and warm regards
http://virtualfitnesstrainer.com, VFT – Fun, Hot, NO B.S. Fitness!
PS. VFT’s Private Site Membership Offer ends in a few hours! It’s been extended by 24 hours by request… So if you’ve been “umming and ahhhing” about it, then today is the day to jump on board and start your fat loss, lean muscle, hot bod transformation today!