As promised, I interviewed Joey Atlas owner, author and creator of The Cellulite Reduction Report and The Ultimate Leg, Butt, Hip and Thigh Makeover. Joey agreed to answer SEVEN lucky VFT blog commenter’s butt and thigh exercises questions.
With Joey being so “in demand” as an internationally renowned fitness guru – especially in the field of helping women transform their lower bodies, I was fortunate enough to be able to catch up with him last week.
VFT – Virtual Fitness Trainer
Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today.
For those of you who don’t know Joey, he walks the talk. I’ve enclosed a photo here of Joey… get my drift… Calm down, ladies. 🙂
Joey’s explosive presence on the internet with his easy-to-implement home, office and travel fitness dvds, online fitness programs selling in every country around the world, his book, Fatness to Fitness, which hit # 1 on Amazon.com on release day, and being hired as an ‘undercover fitness mind’– has taken the fitness industry by storm .
Joey’s kick butt – excuse the pun – ultimate makeover workouts helping whip troublesome legs, buttocks, hips and inner thighs into shape, plus his cellulite report, are creating some jaw dropping, head turning lower bodies world wide. And women, especially, have aptly named him their hip, butt and thigh exercises fitness guru.
VFT’s blog posts and emails are running “hot” on the topic of butt and thigh exercises, from reduction through to wanting to gain more curves.
And for seven lucky blog commenter’s Joey has been kind enough to answer their most burning questions in our interview today.
Ok, let’s get started…
1. Hi, I am looking to reduce the size of butt drastically. Is there anymore I can do besides lunges? Is there an exercise that really targets the butt that it makes the fat melt like butter on a hot skillet? I am so sick of looking things up to find the answer, so I am really hoping you can give me a really good answer thats extremely affective.
Samantha (question from VFT Blog)
For drastic butt size reduction – You need these key elements:
1 – an idea of how many daily calories you are consuming – so you can reduce them if necessary
2 – some cardio sessions throughout the course of a week
3 – a lower body exercise routine which targets all the muscles of the butt and thigh area – You can’t get any results with only one exercise. There has to be a synergistic combo sequence of mostly body-weight exercises.
2. Whats the best exercise to build more muscle on my upper butt?and increase the definition/crease from hamstring to glute…?
Julz (question from VFT Blog)
There is a 2 exercise combo which really targets this zone. Exercise 1 is the one-hand touch down with the working leg in a static position. Exercise 2 is the one-leg hip extension. You can try 12 reps of each – and if you feel one time through was too easy then go through both moves again.
3. I am 20, athletic, 5’2? and weigh anywhere between 120-125 lbs. I want to tone up my thighs because my sports season is over and my legs are losing their definition. I have strong thighs and calves but my inner thighs are flabby. How can I work to burn that fat as well as some belly fat?
Megan (question from VFT Blog)
When one form of consistent exercise is stopped (sports) – you need to replace it with another form so you get back the definition and the positive results in your trouble spots (inner thighs & belly) – So, your new form of exercise should target these areas, inside of a well rounded program.
I have gained a lot of weight around my thighs and hips post pregnancy , and since my kid is small , i cannot go out for gym or yoga , could you please guide me some simple tips that can help me reducing this extra weight
Simran (question from VFT Blog)
There is plenty you can do in your home and get great results too. If you have stairs in your home you can start a stair stepping cardio/toning/reduction program. If not – you can get a pantry/utility step and start with a program which focusus on different step up and step down moves for cardio, toning and weight reduction. Be sure to get your doctors approval for post-preg exercise first.
5. I am going on a spring break trip in mid-march. I REALLY need to lose weight off my hips and thighs and reduce cellulite FAST. Is there any advice you can give me for certain exercises and/or diet that will give me quicker results than others?
Chelsie (question from VFT Blog)
For quick results you need to focus on a very clean diet – but not too extreme – you really just want to cut out any excess calories – So focus on veggies, salads, fruits, various nuts, and fish. In terms of exercise – you’ll want to focus mostly on lower body workouts sessions you can do 3 or 4 times per week. And if you need weight loss, as you say – you’ll want to add some kind of simple cardio several times per week – maybe 4 to 5, such as jumping rope – outdoor hill or stair climbing, etc.
6. I would like to lose weight in my hips and thighs but I am having a hard time losing them. I am only eighteen and I want to lose weight before graduation. I have tried lungs but it seems to be increasing them. PLEASE HELP!
KeAndrea (question from VFT Blog)
One exercise will not reduce your hips and thighs. If your main need is reduction – you want to focus on a combination of exercises. The combination should aim to tone (not build) the muscles of your lower body – and it should aim to burn excess body fat – which will reduce your hips and thighs. A well rounded combo of body-weight exercises and cardio will do this for you – as long as your nutrition is halfway decent and you are not careless with your daily caloric intake.
7. I have sprained my ankle recently which has decreased my lower body workouts. Which can I do that will tone my lower body (legs and glutes) without putting pressure on my ankle? That definitely leaves out any kind of lunge or squats sadly.
Andrea (question from VFT Blog)
This is more common than you think. In cases like this – you’ll want to focus on floor/mat exercises where there is minimal or no weight bearing on the ankle. There are at least a dozen leg and glute exercises you can do – in addition to a bunch of ab and core moves – to get some great stimulation in the lower body without stressing the ankles – which will allow them to heal.
That about wraps it up, folks…
Thanks again, Joey, for taking the time speak with us today.
5 Day Hot Rockin Body and Life Challenge for Entrepreneurs...
Plus BONUS Body Image Audio Training on How to Overcome Comparing Your Body to Others...