After my last interview with Joey, the requests came pouring in. I tell ya, you gals are in great hands because Joey has kindly agreed to answer your seven most asked butt toning exercises questions for our second leg, hip, buttocks and thigh interview.
Joey Atlas, lower body makeover king and darn nice guy, is allowing you to pick his brain and get to the nitty gritty of achieving gorgeous glutes!
If you missed the first interview you can read it here: Butt And Thigh Exercises Interview With Mandy from VFT and Lower Body Fitness Expert Joey Atlas
Butt Toning Exercises Interview…
1. Alicia says: My thighs are rather small (not as small as i want) but the inner part is flabby. How do I get rid of the extra baggage? Also, my butt is big. How do i lose some of that? I know that doing lunges builds muscle but I also know that I have to lose the fat before building muscle on or else I’ll end up with bigger thighs and a bigger butt. How do I do that? And can it be done within 4 weeks, maybe? Please help?
JOEY: First – you can lose body-fat while building muscle. Typical lunges and squat routines from the gym are great for strengthening and adding some muscle bulk – But to quickly tone and tighten – you want to follow a program based on body-weight exercises. Combined properly – these types of exercise create a synergistic effect resulting in toning, shaping and slimming. Of course – you also need to be mindful of how/what you eat to make this happen even faster.
2. Lindsay says: i dont need to minimize my butt and thighs,just tone them,how can i do that with out loosing more weight im 5ft4in and 110 but need to toning badly
JOEY: 1 – very little cardio – you may need to cut back if you are doing too much. Maximum you need is 15 – 20 minutes; 4-5 times per week.
2 – Follow a well-rounded body-weight toning program consisting of both floor exercises, and standing exercises. 2-3 times per week is ideal for this type of routine.
3. Stacey says: Hi, I have the exact same problem as Lindsay. I too am 5ft4in and 110 lbs after losing over 15 lbs in the past year. I’m really happy with my body shape and size now and don’t want to lose any more weight, but my thighs and butt are now in serious need of butt toning exercises after losing the weight. And Admin – yes, you may use my question in your next interview Joey!
JOEY: same answer as I posted for Lindsay.
4. Misty says: I’m 5ft1in and only about 100lbs. Weight is not an issue but I have absolutely NO butt. Can you tell me the butt toning exercises that would work best for giving me some shape back there?
JOEY: A series of mat butt toning exercises focused on the glutes and upper thighs will be ideal for you – But you’ll also want to increase your daily caloric intake as well. But you want to be sure the calories are healthy/nutrient dense. By building the glutes and upper thigh muscles you’ll add shape to the butt.
More of your questions on butt toning exercises…
5. Sarah says: I love working my butt, what exercises work the top of your butt? I’m always sore on the lower part but not on top. I do squats, lunges, leg curls, stepups, plies and I’m never sore at the top of my butt.
JOEY: Most of those exercises stimulate the muscles in the mid-thighs and leg areas – with very little in the butt muscles. Floor exercises such as: One-Leg Hip Extension, Slow Heel to Sky Lift, L-Shape Side-lying Leg Lift – will deeply target the glutes and give you some ‘nice’ soreness to let you know you are getting the butt muscles in those workouts.
6. Moony says: I wana make my butt and thighs bigger by building muscle – is this possible?
JOEY: Yes – of course it is. But you’ll also need to add some calories to your daily intake. And your butt toning exercises selection will need to target those specific areas.
7. Ms I can’t stand my legs says: I have hated my legs and hips for years. They are heavy and thick, like logs or large fence posts, with no shape. They look like they are the same thickness from my hip and thigh down to my feet – with no ankle and just a knee stuck in the middle. They store lots of fat. Could you please include my question in your interview with Joey?
JOEY: There are no guarantees – But the only way to know if your genetic range will allow your lower body to improve is to follow a program which shapes, firms and slims the entire lower body. You will most likely need to add some cardio 3-4 times per week for 30 – 40 minutes. And if your diet can use some improvement – then this will also help as well.
Mandy VFT… Thanks so much Joey for taking the time today to hold this interview.
Don’t forget everyone, if you have any butt toning exercises questions be sure to include them in the comments section of this post. 🙂